× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WiFi Extender EAX20:

carlos181
Follower

WiFi Extender EAX20:

I'm pretty certain that I could successfully install the extender (Model EAX20-100NAS) because I followed the steps in the Nighthawk App and they worked as expected. My question is "How do I know that I'm using the extender?" I didn't not enter any name specific to the extender during the installation process, therefore it doesn't appear in the WiFi options. 

Also, if I move the extender to another location does it need to be re-installed? Is there a procedure for relocating the unit?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: WiFi Extender EAX20:

Its a mesh extender when installed using wps or using the default install settings. Meaning it uses the same ssid as the router. (same name)

You can log into the extender and see what devices are connected to it. 

Once its setup, you should be able to move it where you want it without having to reinstall

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: WiFi Extender EAX20:

Its a mesh extender when installed using wps or using the default install settings. Meaning it uses the same ssid as the router. (same name)

You can log into the extender and see what devices are connected to it. 

Once its setup, you should be able to move it where you want it without having to reinstall

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7