× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Wifi Booster Requires Password?

RoxieChurch
Aspirant

Wifi Booster Requires Password?

I recently purchased this Wifi Range Extender, it works great....but only when the product it is trying to connect to supports WPS connection, for some reason ever since I updated router (its still a NETGEAR router though) I haven't been able to access the 'password' on it? Meaning I can't connect through devices that don't support WPS connection like my Nintendo Switch. I just get errors telling me the passwords don't match, even though I'm entering the password used for the router, I don't see why it would be different, I haven't touched or changed any of the settings and as far as I'm aware, setting up the new router to work with the booster required the regular router password, so I'm not sure what password it is asking for.

Please help, thanks.

Model: EX6110|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

WPS does "magically" bring the primary router wireless password to the exender in a light secured way. That's the one you use for connecting manually to the router and the extender.

Message 2 of 4
RoxieChurch
Aspirant

Will I need to redo my Booster set up to find a password then?
Message 3 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi RoxieChurch, 

Thanks for your post. Yes, you can factory resetting the extender and going through the setup instructions again. 

~Christian 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series