× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi extender no difference

SEANBEAN8
Aspirant

Wifi extender no difference

Hi there

i recently bought a netgear wifi extender
(NETGEAR 11AC 750 Mbps (300 Mbps + 450 Mbps) Dual Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Range Extender with External Antennas (Wi-Fi Booster) (EX3700-100UKS) White) from amazon

i have connected the device to our wifi box using wps, I then connected the devices manually and used the link provided in the instructions manual to have an overview of the devices and get the latest firmware update. I then placed the device in the second floor of the house (wifi box it just beneath the floor). I have connect the phones and tablets to the 5g and the PS4 to the 2g since that's the only option available. Now the PS4 is one room away from the wifi extender and I have been doing numerous wifi speed test, on the PS4 I get 9.3mpbs and 181.5 kbps but when I use the normal wifi box I get 16.4mpbs and 1.7kbps, I was expecting the wifi extender to be better than the wifi box not worse same goes for the phones and tablets. Please can you assist me on this matter?

thank you

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: Wifi extender no difference

What color is the router LED on the extender?

Can you try connecting to the 2.4 ghz network with a phone or tablet (in the same room as the PS4), and measure the speed from that device?  Also, measure the speeds to the wifi box and the extender in the same room as the extender (using the same phone or tablet as the first test).

Message 2 of 4
SEANBEAN8
Aspirant

The LED colour is green

i just tried my tablet with the 2g network and I got 7.5mpbs while on the normal wifi box I got 15 mpbs 

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

What upload speeds did you see?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements