× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wn2000rpt

scanwing
Follower

Wn2000rpt

Hi. I wanted to say is that my WN2000RPT (wifi extender) now work as expected after changing channel to 10, on my primary router.
Both were set to channel 6 and was probably interfering each other. I had some good help from Netgear support.:)

Message 1 of 7
runandwrite
Aspirant

Re: Wn2000rpt

Would you mind sharing how you did this? I have a WN2000RPTv3, but I see no option on the mywifiext.net admin page to change the channel. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Message 2 of 7
nhann
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi runandwrite,

Please login to your router settings, then under Wireless Settings, you have the option to change your Wireless Network Channel.

See the following page for further instructions:
http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23783/~/improving-2.4ghz-wireless-performance-by-chang...

Message 3 of 7
runandwrite
Aspirant

Unfortunately, there does not appear to be any such option on the wireless settings page for the WN2000RPTv3. The only options listed are Name (SSID), Region, Security Options (None/WEP/WPA-PSK/etc.) and PassPhrase. According to the page  to which you linked, however, since the WN2000RPTv3 is an extender, it would need to be on the same channel as the supplying router. I assume it automatically changes channels if I change the channel of the original router.

Message 4 of 7
nhann
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Yes, as mentioned

"Please login to your router settings"

Message 5 of 7
SettiT
Aspirant

Is it possible to choose the channel with the v1? If so, how? As the listed method is not available in the smart wizard. Thanks
Message 6 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Settit 

it does not look like this model has that option to change the channel.

DarrenM

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7