× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ac750/ex3700 Wont connect to router with an ethernet cable

Mreed19
Follower

ac750/ex3700 Wont connect to router with an ethernet cable

I am trying to setup a ac750/ex3700 as a new wifi hotspot. I connect it to my home eithernet cable then to my router in my basement, but the extender light for the router never comes on. I tried plugging it directly into my router with three different short cords and it still doesn't recognize my router. Since it doesn't recognize my router, I can't login to the mywifiext page to update the firmware on it. This is my second range extender, my first one I had problems with as well but it turned out it was a bad cord. This second one is for a different part of my house.

Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: ac750/ex3700 Wont connect to router with an ethernet cable

Hello Mreed19

Have you tried to wire a PC directly to the extender and then go to mywifiext.net? If this is still not working try to factory reset the extender by holding the reset button for atleast 10 seconds.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7