× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: cant connect to NETGEAR_EXT

trixyj
Aspirant

cant connect to NETGEAR_EXT

hi

i have purchased a netgear WN1000RP. i have a netgear router but no WPS key on the router so have to set up by connecting to the extender.

we are unable to connect the extender at all from 3 laptops - all running windows 7, an ipad, an htc, an iphone!

they all say cant connect or unable to join. tried to go to www.mywifiext.net and that doesnt connect either.

the signal from the box is also somewhat intermittent - sometimes i can see it, sometimes not, but it wont connect anyway. interestingly it disappears from the network list on all pc's at the same time but can still be seen on mobile devices such as ipad. and now its gone completely. restarted - to no avail.

.... at my wits end. anybody else had this issue? can you suggest anything?

this was supposed to be an easy install!!!!
Message 1 of 5
harrykris
Aspirant

You can try to do a hard reset the WN1000RP for 40sec
Message 2 of 5
trixyj
Aspirant

Have tried a factory reset 😞
Message 3 of 5
harrykris
Aspirant

Hi
if ur getting the msg "cant connect or unable to join" on the computers u can try adding the n/w manually to the computer and also make sure that the computer are not assigned with any static IP for the wireless
Message 4 of 5
trixyj
Aspirant

when you say manually join - that is what I'm trying to do, when the SSID is visible that is.

no computers have static ip

.....think Im going to give up and take it back.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7