× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: help with wifi extender EX2700

amy_9
Initiate

help with wifi extender EX2700

Hello,

I originally connected my extender to my home Wifi network (which was not 5G) with no problems. But then I found out that I actually have a 5G network (which I didn't know existed, because I'm kind of a tech idiot). I reset the extender to factory settings because I'm trying to connect it to the 5G network, but I'm unable to find the 5G network as an option to connect it to, even though the 5G network is definitely working. (I'm currently connected to the internet through the 5G network). Any idea how to connect the extender to the 5G network? Thanks so much for any help! If it helps, I'm a Windows user.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

The EX2700 is a single band 2.4ghz extender. You won't be able to connect it to 5ghz for this reason. 

You'd need to upgrade to a dual band extender to use 5ghz. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

The EX2700 is a single band 2.4ghz extender. You won't be able to connect it to 5ghz for this reason. 

You'd need to upgrade to a dual band extender to use 5ghz. 

Message 2 of 3
amy_9
Initiate

Thank you so much--that explains it! Really grateful for the help. You've saved me a lot of time.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series