× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

need assistance re-setting extender

JudyWalters
Follower

need assistance re-setting extender

I have a new modem for Internet/satellite - my extender doesn't recognize it and I don't know what my password is....been a couple years since I had any changes.   Can you help re-set it for me please/

Message 1 of 3
RamaJ
Aspirant

Re: need assistance re-setting extender

I have the same problem. I used to have a Netgear wireless router and a Netgear Range Extender which worked very well together. I use a Macbook Air with El Capitan. Recently my internet service provider replaced my Netgear Router with  a high speed Binatone VDSL modem ( model No. DT910W) and now the range extender doesn't work. I am unable to configure it although I even tried a factory reset. The page 'Join Netgear_EXT'  is blank . I am not a techie but I can do simple stuff like this although I don't understand technical terms. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Model: WN3000RP|Universal WiFi Range Extender
Message 2 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: need assistance re-setting extender

To factory reset the unit you need to hold the reset button for 10+ seconds this should put the unit back to the defaults and admin/password will be the log in when trying setup again.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7