× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: range extender not relaying password for wifi

andykemp60
Initiate

range extender not relaying password for wifi

i have installed the range extender ok, it knows the network name with ext on the end but will not accept the password for the base router.

Model: WN3000RP|Universal WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
Zazomy
Aspirant

I am also having this problem, would really appreciate an answer. The instructions suggest I use the same password as I would use to log into my home WiFi network via my main router, but when I attempted to I was rejected with a "invalid password" message, have entered and re-entered the password correctly numerous times only to be met with the same message time and time again. Disappointed after what was a smooth and easy setup until that point, don't want to have to send this extender back so soon.

Model: EX3800|N750 WiFi Range Extender with Passthrough
Message 2 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Try to log back into the extender by going to www.mywifiext.net and then change the password and see if you can connect then.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 4
andykemp60
Initiate

Hi All.

the range extender picked up the WPS from the router but would not relay the password, I logged in using a cable to the extender and put in the password manually and all now works

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7