× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trying to update router firmware

katyireland
Aspirant

Trying to update router firmware

Hi, I am trying to update my router firmware, and get as far as #3 in the installation instructions below, but then it asks for a username and password and I don't know what they are?

1. Write down all the settings which you changed from the default values, since you may need to re-enter them manually.
  2. Using the Download Link below, download and extract the new firmware to a convenient place such as your desktop.

Download Link: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WNDR3800/WNDR3800-V1.0.0.48.zip

3. Log in to the router using a Web browser. The URL is http://www.routerlogin.net.
  4. Click ADVANCED tab > Administration > Firmware Upgrade. 
  5. Click Browse and find the file you just downloaded.
  6. Click Upload. Do not interrupt the upgrade while the router does this step.

Thank you, any advice appreciated!

Model: WNDR3800|N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router|EOL
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

Re: Trying to update router firmware

@katyireland wrote:

Hi, I am trying to update my router firmware, and get as far as #3 in the installation instructions below, but then it asks for a username and password and I don't know what they are?

If you haven't changed it the default password is password

If that does not work, then someone has set a different password.

The way to get control back under those circumstances is to do a "factory reset" which will restore the default password.

Documentation here:  WNDR3800 | Product | Support | NETGEAR

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies

@katyireland wrote:

If you haven't changed it the default password is password

If that does not work, then someone has set a different password.

The way to get control back under those circumstances is to do a "factory reset" which will restore the default password.

Documentation here:  WNDR3800 | Product | Support | NETGEAR

Message 2 of 3
katyireland
Aspirant

Thank you so much, I've been going round in circles!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7