× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upgrade options?

mschool
Aspirant

Upgrade options?

Hello. I have been using the WNDR3700 for years, but recently notice that I have more frequent IP adress conflicts with the number of new devices on my home network. My SF flat has thick lathe and plaster walls, and its a "railroad style apartment". I've gotten around this problem with Poweline adapters and wireless APs. Works great. I notiice that the new Netgear wireless routers sit flat. I prefer a standing model. If I get improved range from a new router, that's great. Is there anything to the newer models that will add anything to my network? Does the processcor speed add any value in terms of number of decices on my network? I have Comcase cable and I'm getting 12MB up and down, at worst.

Model: WNDR3700v2|N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Upgrade options?

Ip conflicts are usually the result of a misconfigured device, while your last post stated 1 AP it does appear you have 1 AP and 2 routers. Two routers if Not configured correctly will cause IP conflicts.

Maybe someone else can help.

Good Luck I'm done

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Ip conflicts coud be caused by more than one DHCP server.........how are the AP's setup

Message 2 of 5
mschool
Aspirant

It's one AP, and the IP addressed is fixed. Here are notes from the previous router and AP. I have 24 devices on my network. The router is the DHCP server.

> WPN824

> Router IP 192.168.1.1

> IP range  192.168.1.2 ~ 192.168.1.50

> sbunet 255.255.255.0

> WPN802 should be

> IP  address192.168.1.51

> subnet 255.255.255.0

> gateway 192.168.1.1

> dns uses dns listed under router status, internet port  DNS

Message 3 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Ip conflicts are usually the result of a misconfigured device, while your last post stated 1 AP it does appear you have 1 AP and 2 routers. Two routers if Not configured correctly will cause IP conflicts.

Maybe someone else can help.

Good Luck I'm done

Message 4 of 5
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Retired_Member is correct. You may need to verify that there's only one DHCP running in your network and other routers are configured as AP. 

If you happen to assign IP address statically on computers/devices, make sure that it's not within the range of the DHCP server to avoid conflict. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7