× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WRN3500Lv2 will not connect to the internet

TPeter2
Aspirant

WRN3500Lv2 will not connect to the internet

I have a brand new out of the box WRN3500Lv2 router, and can't get it to connect to the internet.

Router firmare = V1.2.0.34_40.0.75, opertaing system of the PC is Windows 7 ultimate with all upgrades.

I have tried everything, I did the reset and a power down, used several differant computers nothing worked,

I did have problems trying to connect to it via the web page www.routerlogin dot com, and had to connect directly by the IP address, (192.168.1.1) and thats the only way I can get into the router setup.

I have tried it at two differant locations, and still cant get it to connect to the internet.

Is it messed up?

Model: WNR3500Lv2|N300 Wireless Gigabit Router|EOL
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
TPeter2
Aspirant

Re: WRN3500Lv2 will not connect to the internet

OK I fixed it.

Here is what I had to do.

I then went in and manualy set the IP address of the internet port on the problem router to the IP address comming from my ISP.

And this allowed me to connect to the internet, I then did the "Internet test" on the problem router and it connected to the netgear web site, I could also surf the web, I then upgraded to the latest firmware on the problem router, and rechecked the internet connection, it all worked fine.

There must have been a bug in the router's automatic abillity to pick up the IP address driectly from the ISP, setting it manually did not have this problem.

So thanks to all that tried to help.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
William10a
Master

@TPeter2 wrote:

I have a brand new out of the box WRN3500Lv2 router, and can't get it to connect to the internet.

Router firmare = V1.2.0.34_40.0.75, opertaing system of the PC is Windows 7 ultimate with all upgrades.

I have tried everything, I did the reset and a power down, used several differant computers nothing worked,

I did have problems trying to connect to it via the web page www.routerlogin dot com, and had to connect directly by the IP address, (192.168.1.1) and thats the only way I can get into the router setup.

I have tried it at two differant locations, and still cant get it to connect to the internet.

Is it messed up?

If I understand what your saying is you have no from the router?

Lets start from square one

1.-You have a lan cable from the modem's lan port to the yellow internet port of the router

2.-Any other lan cables go the lan ports of the router

3.- Did you check to makes sure the modem is working?

192.168.1.1 is the normal manual way to enter the router's set up page from a web browser.

Can you access the web if you connect the computer direct to the modem?

Message 2 of 4
TPeter2
Aspirant

Yes, if I'm connected directly to the modem or the old router I can get to the internet just fine.

I have tried this new router at two differant locations and it stll will not access the internet, I can see it's picking up an IP address from the modem when I look at the "Internet setup" under the "Netgear Genie" when I manually connect to this router, and I am getting an IP address when I am connected to this router, but no internet.

I can connect to the router via WIFI but still can't get to the internet. I have checked with my ISP and they can see the router from their end, but have no explanation as to why it can't get to the internet.

Message 3 of 4
TPeter2
Aspirant

OK I fixed it.

Here is what I had to do.

I then went in and manualy set the IP address of the internet port on the problem router to the IP address comming from my ISP.

And this allowed me to connect to the internet, I then did the "Internet test" on the problem router and it connected to the netgear web site, I could also surf the web, I then upgraded to the latest firmware on the problem router, and rechecked the internet connection, it all worked fine.

There must have been a bug in the router's automatic abillity to pick up the IP address driectly from the ISP, setting it manually did not have this problem.

So thanks to all that tried to help.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7