Who Me Too'd this topic

UK-based
Luminary

Nighthawk M1 IP addresses - allow both dynamic and static

The Nighthawk M1 network IP address setup currently allows either dynamic DHCP address assignment within a specified range or fully manual assignment of static IP addresses to wired or WiFi connected devices. However, it's not currently possible to enable DHCP addressing within a specified range together with some additional manually specified static IP addresses. This is a problem where some devices in the network need static addresses, such as printers, but where automated dynamic addressing is needed for "visiting" devices on the network. I currently have DHCP enabled in my M1 but this means that when my networked printer is powered up it's often allocated a different IP address, so to print from a networked PC I first have to access the browser interface to the M1 to find the IP address and then go into the PC's control panel to modify the address in the printer port setting.

Could the firmware / interface be modified so that DHCP can be enabled but at the same time allow some static IP addresses to be specified for printers, etc. so that they can always be located by other networked devices?

If anyone else feels this would be a beneficial feature, please add your comments. The mobile network provider that supplied the M1 to me is EE in the UK (there's no option to specify MR1100EE¦Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (UK) in this post) but I guess that the US and Australian firmware also has this "either/or" limitation with the dynamic and static IP addressing.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Who Me Too'd this topic