Who Me Too'd this topic

MeGrimlock
Apprentice

Orbi Satellite Will Not Factory Reset?

I have an Orbi system with one extra satellite, all running the current firware V2.1.1.16.  Lately, the upstairs satellite will work for periods of time, then drop all internet connection, even though it still shows connected to the Orbi system.  The main Orbi router and additional satellite continue to operate fine, full internect connections from them and devices all connect fine.  So I'm assuming something is amis with this one satellite, however when I try to do a factory reset - holding down the reset button on the back until the light turns and blinks amber - the satellite does not actually reset. It essentially boots back up like it has been power cycled, but all the settings, custom naming, everything is the same?  My hope was to do a factory reset on the satellite, add the satellite as new again to my system, and hopefully get past whatever it's issue is.  But I have no idea how or why it's not actually reseting itself. So I'm wondering - why wouldn't the reset button on the unit actually reset the unit and how else might I force a reset to it?

Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Who Me Too'd this topic