Who Me Too'd this topic

djhurlburt
Apprentice

device not connecting to closest satellite

It looks like many have a similar problem.  I have an RBR50 along with 2 satellites.  My router is on my main floor with 1 satellite upstairs and 1 satellite in the basement.  In my master bedroom, I have the upstairs satellite and about 5 feet from it is my Roku TV.  This TV is connecting to the router down on the main floor.  I've recycled the power on the TV; I've even done a "flush network" on the roku system but it still gets assigned x.37 and connects to the router that is over 70 feet away and through drywall/housing.  

I continue to get buffering issues on this Roku TV (mostly Netflix, but some times Amazon Prime).  My internet averages 200Mbps download and my TV on my main floor doesn't have this issue.  

Many devices do not seem to connect to the closest satellite and as a result I still have issues and am no better than the Nighthawk unit I had.  I HOPE that forcing the bedroom Roku to connect to the satellite right next to it would resolve this issue --- otherwise, it seems Netgear isn't the answer.

Any suggestions?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Who Me Too'd this topic