Who Me Too'd this topic

msinex
Apprentice

Intermittent DNS Errors and WiFi Issues

I have had the Orbi AX6000 for a few months now.  While there are many things I love about it (great wifi coverage, great speed, looks nice, software, ease of setup, etc.), there are two very frustrating issues that pop up intermittently across my network that are extremely frustrating and causing me to consider taking the unit back.  

I am continuing to have intermittent DNS errors across multiple devices and different web browsers.  I basically receive some sort of name resolution error based on the system (have seen in on Windows 10, my work win7 device, a Rasberry Pi device, even once on my Nintendo switch).  This has occured on mahcines both on WiFi and connected via ethernet.  All I have to do is refresh the browser and it usually connects immediately.  I have upgraded the router and satellites up to V3.2.15.25 and still facing the same issue.  I downgraded back to my old Nighthawk router, and didn't see the same issue, so it's definately the router.  I shifted the DNS from my ISP (Spectrum gigabit) to google DNS, and faced the same issue.  It certainly isn't constant, but maybe happens once every 15-30 minutes.  I leave my Raspberry Pi on because it runs a bulletin board display that refreshes every five minutes, and I come back to it and see a DNS error 1-2 times a day.

As of a few weeks ago, I'm not also getting WiFi issues with multiple different iOS devices (5 different ones).  I will pick up a device and try to connect to the internet, and it times out even though it is connected to the wifi.  I can turn on Airplane mode for a split second and turn it back off, and when it reconnects back to the WiFi I can connect to the internet just fine.

I have tried to powercycle everything and even tried to reset and rebuild the router setup, and still run into the same issues.  Any advice you can offer here would be greatly appreciated!  

Who Me Too'd this topic