Who Me Too'd this topic

donawalt
Virtuoso

iPhone loses WiFi connection with RBR850

I have had my Orbi RBR850 and 2 satellites up for almost a week. I formerly had a Google Wifi from its earliest days, it ran reliably but was slow. This Orbi is much faster in all areas of our house!

There is one problem however. Periodically, my wife's iPhone drops offline. It is when the phone sleeps, but not always. Like today, it has happened a number of times, yet yesterday, not at all. It is a 2020 iPhone SE, so it even supports WiFi6. I have used the app Fing on my iPad to validate it is in fact offline - the Orbi list of devices in their app showed it gone, I almost started not to believe it. When you press the Home button on her phone, it flips back on the WiFi.

I have Comcast 1GB service. I have strong signals and great speeds everywhere. I doubt it's the phone as this never happened on the Google WiFi, and it doesn't happen on any other devices in the house. I have:

- forgotten the SSID and relogged in

- done a hard reset

- updated to the latest iOS that came out this week (so it has happened with the two latest versions of iOS)

- done a Network Settings reset

- ensured none of her settings were different than on my iPhone 11, which does not show the problem (and is also a WiFi 6 phone)

- looked for offline problems with our other devices - 2 TVs, 2 remote Hubs, 1 iPad, 2 iPhones, 3 laptops (2 Mac one Windows 10), 3 printers, 2 Apple TVs

About 2 days ago I gave it a static IP address, that worked for about 2 days with no disconnects. But it's back again.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Who Me Too'd this topic