Who Me Too'd this topic

mkasznel
Aspirant

RBS50v2 won't sync with RBR50 router: "Config Sync" issue

About two weeks ago, my Orbi RBS50 satellite stopped working overnight for no apparent reason. Tried power cycling both the satellite and my RBR50 router (as well as my Nighthawk CM1200 modem), restored each to factory settings, moved the satellite closer to the router (about 10 feet away) and attempted to re-sync, but no success. The satellite itself would light blue on top to indicate it had synced, but it would either appear in the app as magenta (disconnected) or would not appear at all.

I logged into the online dashboard and saw a "Config Sync" message under Backhaul Status. A little digging suggested that it could be a firmware issue; my RBR50 is on v. 2.70.70, but the satellite is still on v.2.35. However, I'm unable to update the firmware in the app or in the online dashboard (the satellite either won't appear in the Update Firmware section, or it will appear but time out whenever an automatic or manual update is attempted.

This post here seemed to most closely match my issue: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Backhaul-status-config-sync/td-p/1604463. Per this suggestion, I obtained my satellite's IP address from the online dashboard and entered that into my browser in an attempt to manually update the firmware. However, the request simply times out each time I try, regardless of which computer I try.

This is actually my second satellite; my original was still within the first year of purchase so Netgear sent me a new one. However, the second one is having the exact same issues as the first. My RBR50 router continues to work just fine, but I'm at my wit's ending trying to get this to work. Any advice I can get would be immensely appreciated.

Who Me Too'd this topic