Who Me Too'd this solution

[SOLVED] Re: Connectivity Issues - ORBI Keeps disconnecting, I hate ORBI!

The replies provided SOME help, but, yet again, I was able to solve this on my own (shame on you netgear.)

The solution was as followed: 

- CHECK YOUR SOFTWARE VERSION!!! At the time of this post, the CURRENT version for the RBS/RBR750 (AX4200) is V4.6.3.7_2.0.49. DO NOT TRUST THE "CHECK FOR UPDATES" FEATURE ON THE APP/ROUTER LOGIN.  After doing extensive research, I found out that my router was sitting on version 3.whatever and that the current version was 4.6.3 but the "check for updates function" somehow magically didnt detect the outdated firmware, SO, I had to MANUALLY update the device myself (google instructions).

TIP: The files containg the up-to-date firmware are DIFFERENT for the RBS and RBR, so make sure you google the appropriate system file you need to install it.  

- If you are in an apartment that is difficult to get signal across but somehow keeps dropping the signal with orbi, UPDATE IT and then LOWER the Transmit Power Control. I lowered both 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz to 50% and hardwire the sattelite to the router. I was fortunate enough that this was already in place from previous renters. I now get router like speeds in the kitchen (with sattelite) and the rest of the house thanks to the router. However, I am almost postive you do not need to hardwire it, I just got lucky. 

After struggling for literal weeks it seems to be holding out pretty well. Im glad I am not spending countless nights figuring this out. I hope this can help current Orbi owners. And if you too are getting frustrated/this solution doesn't help, just return the damn router and find another mesh router system. The stress and time I wasted on this unit was not worth it in the slightest. 

View solution in original post

Who Me Too'd this solution