Who Me Too'd this topic

J3rry
Aspirant

Orbi App defaults to Anywhere Access despite being connected to router WiFi

Hi,

I have recently installed the RBK752 router and satellite but have a couple of issues (second issue detailed in separate post). The first is that the Orbi App connects to system by Anywhere Access all the time unless I manually select to connect locally. This happens continuously when my mobile device is connected to the Orbi router. Once I manually select to connect locally the Anywhere Access disappears from the list until the next time the app is opened - when it reverts back to connecting to anywhere Access.

I have version V2.11.0.1661 of the Android app (used on a Samsung Galaxy S9). The firmware of the RBK752 (router and satellite) is V4.6.3.7_2.0.49. This is a new set up and the behaviour has occured since initial set up. I have tried reinstalling the app as well as a factory reset on the system. I have allowed Location Access in the App permissions.

Is this behaviour standard or is there anything I can do to make the app always directly connect locally when connected to the router WiFi?

Any advice / help appreciated.

Who Me Too'd this topic