Who Me Too'd this topic

CKopp
Apprentice

DNS Issues after firmware upgrade

I recently upgraded to the V1.42.84_1.3.42 firmware verison on my router. Since the update I am seeing random DNS timeout errors (the probe errors). In most cases, the time out is replaced within 1-2 sec by the actual request going through.  I have verified that this is happening across any DNS service I specify at the router (ISP, cloudflare), and happens accross various local machines, whether on wired or wireless connection. The problem goes away if I specify dns settings on the local machine. 

I used fiddler to analyze browser traffic, and can see it occurs when a DNS cache validation happens.  It would appear i am first getting a DNS timeout, rapidly followed by the actual request going thorough.  Interestingly, I have not seen this behavior on the sole IOS device on the network, an IPAD. Not sure if it matters, but I have armor installed.

As this behavior appears to directly correlate to the firmware update, and in searching the forums I have seen similar issues on other Netgear routers reported with the latest fireware, I am wondering a few things:

1. How many others with the 7960P routers seen this issue with the .84 firmware?

2.Is Netgear aware and working on a fix?

3. If I decide to roll back to the.68 version to fix (as several others have reported on similar model routers) what secuirty updates do I give up?

Thanks.

Who Me Too'd this topic