Who Me Too'd this topic

Moocow1980
Apprentice

CAX80 won't work at all on WOW Internet; firmware update ruined it

Here's the deal.

I just got in the mail today a replacement from Netgear for my CAX80. (Hindsight says I may not have needed it, but here we are.)

I am with WOW Internet as my ISP in Columbus, OH.

The issue began around mid-November 2021, which based on sniffing around this forum, was the time frame a new firmware update was pushed and caused issues. That led to getting the aforementioned warranty replacement.

My old modem works. It's not my wiring. But the CAX80, it won't receive Internet. If I try to even do a hardwired local connection, I can't do any connections, even router login dot net, or the 192 168 1 1 address or anything. So if I wanted to manually update firmware or roll back, I can't. It will not connect.

I have done the 30-30-30 hard reset with the unit. I have called WOW, and they can't figure it out, no matter what we do.

I can't return the modem to Best Buy as the window passed. I'm not paying for extended warranty assistance with Netgear -- I had to PAY to ship my old unit for the replacement, which is insane and flat out robbery after I paid $450-plus for the unit or whatever it goes for. (Can't even spring for the prepaid label to a customer.) And if WOW can't do anything... I've PAID FOR AN EXPENSIVE BRICK BECAUSE OF THE FIRMWARE UPDATE!

I am extremely frustrated and extremely disappointed. Thanks for ruining my purchase, Netgear.
Who Me Too'd this topic