Who Me Too'd this topic

ahughf1
Tutor

My Orbi speeds are slow, inconsistent, less then upstream maximum speeds

I Have a slightly different issue to ORBI speeds degrading. For a couple of years all was well My ORBI plugged into My BT Smart Hub2 and I was getting the max speed from my ISP all over the house. My main user is in the study cabled into an ORBI satelaite, so the ORBI's are a WiFi bridge from my ISP's Hub. When I came back from vacation a week ago I could see some serious speed degredation, so I investigated. I have a laptop wired directly to my BT Smart Hub 2 and the ORBI router also plugged into the BT Smart Hub 2. With this configuration the laptop reports speeds ~10% to 5% the ISP max speeds. If I unplug the ORBI router from the Hub and re run the test on the wired laptop I get the full ISP speed I used to get. I even tried plugging in the ORBI during a test and you could see the speed drop after doing so. I also tried a test with the ORBI router plugged in and then un plugged it half way through the test and the speed increased (I used this speed test website that has a speed dial and pointer https://www.speedtest.net/).

So it would apear that something the ORBI Router and/or Orbi network is doing is causing the speed issue, has anyone else seen this? or should this be a new thread?

Who Me Too'd this topic