Who Me Too'd this topic

ron_spruce
Star

Inconsistent Speed Tests with XR1000

I have recently upgraded my home networking equipment from an Orbi RBR50 to the Nighthawk XR1000 Router. My speed test results are really fast when I connect my computer (2017 iMac) to my cable modem (Netgear CM1000 v2). I get into the 900 Mbps which is fine since my Xfinity internet plan allows for speeds up to 800 Mbps.

The problem is when I connect my computer to my router via LAN port, the speed test results drop dramatically into speeds that are less than 100 Mbps. My equipment is connected using Cat8 ethernet cables which is probably overkill for my setup but better than the Cat5e cables that are included with the equipment. 

I have had several phone calls with Netgear Pro Support in which they have used zoho join to diagnose this particular issue. After downgrading the firmware (to solve a previous issue) I upgraded it to the current version and the first speed test I ran was satisfactory (> 900 Mbps). Then I ran a Connection Benchmark test within the DumaOS router admin tool and that gave my download speed test a letter grade of 'B'. Was expecting it to be an 'A' but oh well. I then ran another speed test and once again my download speeds reverted to < 100 Mbps.

Are there any admin settings that I need to look out for in order to solve this issue with inconsistency? I'd be glad to give any further information in regards to my settings.

Thanks in advance!

Who Me Too'd this topic