Who Me Too'd this topic

RAX45 Smart Parental Controls - Activation fails after FW upgrade

I agree!! I am having the same exact issue with my Nighthawk RAX45. I bought a one year subscription almost 2 years ago, SAME issue! (error code: SPC-ACT-FAIL) I went through hell talking to SEVERAL support staff, including the specific support staff and leads (supposedly...) for the Parental Control feature. NONE them could solve the issue and like you I tried EVERYTHING. I got them to refund my money, hoping that one day this issue would be fixed and I can use the feature. Fast forward to today, I went ahead and purchased another year subscription, thinking there's NO WAY I would have the same issue. Well, here we are almost 2 YEARS later and SAME FLIPPING ISSUE!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!! Same exact scenario and same error code as 2 years ago. When I click on the "SET UP NOW" button, at the bottom of the screen that shows my "Premium Plan" and "Your plan starts: March 2, 2023 / Next billing date: March 1, 2024", it starts setting up and then after 1-2 minutes I get "Error Smart Parental Controls activation has failed. Please try again later. (code: SPC-ACT-FAIL)". This is absolutely unacceptable Netgear!! Why can you NOT fix this issue that has been going on for 2 YEARS now??!! (possibly even longer!) I am considering returning this router back to Costco and never buying Netgear products again...I also bought the Netgear modem, so I'll return that as well. So lame and unacceptable Netgear...

Who Me Too'd this topic