× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Inactive ports in M4300-52G switch even if physically connected

PoliIT
Follower

Inactive ports in M4300-52G switch even if physically connected

Hi,

I have two keyboards for access control connected with two integrated network cards to my LAN, with a static IP address set.

These keyboards are in use since years, without problems. Now I changed my switches from old 3Com models to new Netgear M4300-52G units.

The problem is that now, when I plug these network card to the M4300, they don't work: the links are completely down.

But the switch doesn't has problem with other type of devices (PC and printers for example), only with these two network card of access control.

Is it possible that switch recognizes these adapters as "strange" and cut the link?

I also noted, in the management software of the keyboards, that these cards are using TCP port 60000. Could it be a cause of possible conflict?

Thanks in advance.

Model: GSM4352S | M4300-52GStackable Managed Switch with 48x1G and 4x10G including 2x10GBASE-T and 2xSFP+ Layer 3
Message 1 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Inactive ports in M4300-52G switch even if physically connected

Hi PoliIT,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

It seems that you were trying to use this keyboards for accessing the console of the switch. It would not work on these type of switches as it uses USB mini for the CLI.

Here is the installation guide.

M4300-52G (GSM4352S)

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@JohnC_V  this reads more like keyboard (music) or keypads (as for security systems) with Ethernet connections.

Message 3 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@schumaku,

Thank you for that information! 🙂 I didn't think that it was literally the musical instrument.

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements