× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAC720 - not handing over

ricey1986
Aspirant

WAC720 - not handing over

I have 5 AP's setup in Ensemble mode, all 5 are using external Antennae.

I have an issue where the maser AP (AP1) will not handle any WiFi clients. If a device is connected to AP2 and the user moves away from that one and towards AP1, the device never moves over to it. Even if they are right underneath the device and the connecion drops out. This is happening with all devices on the network. I have tried setting AP1 to use the internal Antenna, thinking it may of been them that was causing the issue, but the Web portal always shows 0 clients connected to AP1.

APs are running 3.9.0.3 firmware

Any ideas welcome

Model: WAC720|2x2 Wireless-AC Access Points
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Re: WAC720 - not handing over

Hi @ricey1986 

Can you assign any static channel to your AP1 to see issue will be resolve or not (other than 36) ? We found something wrong in config migratated from previous version.  Please confirm if the issue is persistence even after changing the channel.

Thanks,

Raghu

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Lee Rice ,

Welcome to the Netgear Community. Could you please save the detailed logs of the affected APs and send it for us? We will take a look.

Btw are you seeing this issue with some wireless clients such as iPhones or Android phones and Windows? Please share detatails.

I have attached screen shot on how to download the detailed logs. You can upload into google drive and share me link via PM.

WAC-logs.jpg

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 2 of 7
ricey1986
Aspirant

Hi,

Link below for the log for AP1, which is the one that is not handling any clients.

https://bt1319676p-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/lee_kitwave_co_uk/EUiowCQCqWtEkdk8_JTHpVMBrAsrYp...

We are seeing this on Windows Laptops, Android phones and Windows CE RF guns

Thanks

Message 3 of 7
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @ricey1986 

Can you assign any static channel to your AP1 to see issue will be resolve or not (other than 36) ? We found something wrong in config migratated from previous version.  Please confirm if the issue is persistence even after changing the channel.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 4 of 7
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @ricey1986 

Just wanted to follow-up on this. Have you tried the sugestion made ealrier.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 5 of 7
ricey1986
Aspirant

Hi,

I ended up factory resetting the AP, issue resolved after rejoining the ensemble

Thanks
Message 6 of 7
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @ricey1986 

Thanks for your quick update, Could you please mark this thread as closed by marking as äccept as a solution?

Raghu

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements