× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAX202 in AP mode doesn't show connected devices

Jefferson669
Follower

WAX202 in AP mode doesn't show connected devices

Hello there,

I'm trying to setup my network but It doesn't work.

I have a Edge Router X and had a AirCube ISP before but it was only 2.4Ghz, because I bought a Steam Deck Oled (Handheld Gaming Console) I bough a Netgear WAX202 (Business Router) and it supports dual band 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. I got it for -50% so it was a great value.

Now I unplugged my AirCube ISP, disabled the PoE (Power over Ethernet) on port 4 and plugged in my WAX202.

I logged into the WAX202, done the wizard then went to the Operation Modes and set it to Access Point.

The issue now is that I can connect my devices to it, but the Netgear WAX202 UI doesn't show any connected devices. "Number of devices: 0" and my devices are connected 100% to the WAX202 wifi router. I have internet, I can game, watch movies etc, I have no idea why it says no connected devices on the Wifi.

The Attatched Devices (I assume LAN) shows 4 connected devices, all those devices are connected to the Edge Router X not the Access Point, no Lan port is used (except WAN) on the WAX202.
The 4 devices are:
1.1 Edge Router X
1.39 Home Assistant (Raspberry Pi)
1.38 3D Printer
1.228 My Computer

On the Edge Router X, when typing into console `show dhcp leases` it shows following devices:
1.39 Home Assistant (Raspberry Pi)
1.38 3D Printer
1.228 My Computer
1.65 WAX202 Router
1.66 My Phone
1.67 My Tablet
1.68 <device with no name> could be a Tasmota SmartPlug Device I tried to connect.

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: WAX202 in AP mode doesn't show connected devices

No practical experience with these Essential WAX202 - so ordered a (very similar) WAX206, unused, from a personal overstock sales, should arrive l8ter during this week.

Can only throw in the ubiquitous question ref. the firmware in place, see https://www.netgear.com/support/product/wax202/#download - as of writing WAX202 Firmware Version 1.0.5.1.

As your WAX202 is new, don't hesitate to open a ticket via https://my.netgear.com/ - NETGEAR provides complimentary technical support for NETGEAR products for 90 days from the original date of purchase.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements