× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAX214 - assign guest network to VLAN

nxrsnj9ysbgt
Tutor

WAX214 - assign guest network to VLAN

Hi there,

when I'm using the Guest Network chekbox in Wireless Setting - Access Point, VLAN Isolation is disabled. How can I assign a VLAN to the Guest Network?

If this is the intended behaviour, what'w the reason for it?

Thanks,

Jo

Message 1 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WAX214 - assign guest network to VLAN

@nxrsnj9ysbgt,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

As far as I've checked the WAX214 user manual here, there is no option to assign a VLAN to the Guest Network.  It seems that this is by design. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team 

Message 2 of 5
nxrsnj9ysbgt
Tutor

Hello DaneA,

Thanks. I read the manual before submitting the quesions, so I understand it is what it is.

Still it would be good to know the reason for this limitation, and if there are plans to allow assigning Guest SSID to VLAN in the future.

Thank you,

Jo

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@nxrsnj9ysbgt,

It is not a limitation.  It is by design.  

You may want to post your concern as a feature request in the Idea Exchange for Business board here.  In this way, the development team can see what feature does WAX214 users wanted to be added to the functionality of the access point.  Be informed that the more kudos given by community members to your feature request will help as the development team will be reviewing the post that has the most kudos and might get considered to be implemented.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
nxrsnj9ysbgt
Tutor

Hi DaneA

Thanks for pointing me to the right place. For anyone interested, here is the respective ticket. WAX - attach Guest SSID to a VLAN - NETGEAR Communities

Thanks,

Jo

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements