× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAX220 poor Web UI for MAC Filtering

VinceDucat
Tutor

WAX220 poor Web UI for MAC Filtering

Hello, i bought WAX220 to replace WAX206.

i'm very desappointed beacause of the poor quality of the MAC adresse filtering.

in the WAX206, there is a view showing the device trying to connect and i can simply autorised the device to connect, il the WAX220, its very more complicated... no view  of the device trying to connect so need to read the log to view witch device try to connect and after that cut/copy information to the MAC list .... 😞

i hope future firmware could had a mean to be more easy ...

so Wifi quality very good

UI quality very bad ...

Hope a reply from netgear teams

regards

Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: WAX220 poor Web UI for MAC Filtering

Head to Dashboard -> Connections ... with a simple click on [Block] you can add a MAC to the access block list (and vice versa):

WAX220-Dashboard-Connections-Block-pxl.PNG

Message 2 of 5
VinceDucat
Tutor

thanks for your quick answer

If the choice is to autorized by default, your solution is ok...

but for security reason, my choice was to denied by default and to autorised even there is no security ... 😞

the same fonction with an "allow" button would be great 😉

Message 3 of 5
VinceDucat
Tutor

No chance to add this feature in a next firmware ?

Message 4 of 5
sharska
Aspirant

Hey everyone! Just wanted to chime in and share my thoughts on the topic of the WAX220's poor web UI for MAC filtering. 

Having a clear view of devices attempting to connect and easily authorizing them is a convenient feature that seems to be missing in the WAX220. Instead, users are forced to navigate through logs to identify connecting devices and manually add them to the MAC list. That's quite a hassle, and I totally understand the frustration expressed here.

I'm hopeful that Netgear's future firmware updates will address these issues and introduce improvements to make the process more user-friendly. 

Let's hope the Netgear team takes note of this feedback and provides a helpful response. Here's to smoother and more intuitive MAC filtering experiences in the future! Regards to all.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements