× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAX610 not finding firmware update through interface

phirestalker
Aspirant

WAX610 not finding firmware update through interface

I bought this WAP a couple of years ago. I was always able to click check for update and it would find one if available. I got notice that there was an update, and I waited for the requisite 2 days before checking for non subscribers to insight. It didn't find anything. Today, I looked at the Netgear site and the update was available for download there. So now the upgrade check feature isn't working anymore. Is that feature now only for insight subscribers as well?

Message 1 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Re: WAX610 not finding firmware update through interface

There is no fixed schedule on how long a firmware update is delayed after the availability to Insight managed devices. This can be days or weeks, depending on certain variable factors, like feedback from the community or from the support KPIs.

Message 2 of 6
phirestalker
Aspirant

That is fine. I have accepted that, but this time as I mentioned it was on the manual server and I was able to download it, but it was not found by the automated check in the firmware. I think I heard before that there is also a delay between when it is put on the manual update server and the automatic update server. Is it possible that I was just a little too early for it to migrate to the automated server?

Message 3 of 6
BasuKhodanapur
Apprentice

Hello @phirestalker 

What is the Current firmware version is running in WAX610? and from description WAX610 is in standalone mode? 

Message 4 of 6
phirestalker
Aspirant

It was on 10.3.2.2. I manually upgraded it to the new 10.4.0.5. Yes it is in local management mode.

Message 5 of 6
schumaku
Guru

...patience. Update will become available over time. The information isn't limited to Insight subscribers only.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements