× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WNDAP360

chrisbf1
Aspirant

WNDAP360

I have a wndap360 that I have taken off site, it was preconfigured to work with a controller. i want to re utilise it. I turned it on, and all i get is the the amber flashing power light. i have found out its DHCP address and can logon it. This does not give me any config option, Help!!! i dont really want to take it back to site to plug back in to the controller

Model: WNDAP330|PROSAFE 802.11N DUAL BAND WIRELESS ACCESS POINT|EOL
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
chrisbf1
Aspirant

Re: WNDAP360

so all sorted now 

what I did was downgraded the firmware as it was on 2.3...... , i took it back to 2.1 ..... and I can now manage it as i want to 

thank you for your help

Chris 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello chrisbf1, 

Welcome to the community! 

The best way is still to push a standalone firmware to the AP. Eve if it has been reset to default I don't think it will go back to standalone mode. When an AP is connected to a controller, it is using a "thin firmware" pushed by the controller. To get it back to a basic AP, you'll need to have a standalone AP downloaded to it. Do you happen to know the IP of the AP? 

Thanks,

Message 2 of 4
chrisbf1
Aspirant

so all sorted now 

what I did was downgraded the firmware as it was on 2.3...... , i took it back to 2.1 ..... and I can now manage it as i want to 

thank you for your help

Chris 

Message 3 of 4
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi chrisbf1, 

Good know. Can I please request for you to mark your reply as "Accept as Solution". This should help other community members if they run into the same scenario. 

Have a great day! 

Thanks,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements