× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Wireless Device Region

GLCRIT
Follower

Wireless Device Region

Hello everyone,
I received a Wireless Access Point - WAC510 - Netgear in Costa Rica. It was bought in the USA.
When I tried to add it in the Insight Cloud Portal, I received this message:

GLCRIT_0-1666277050544.png

Is there any solution? 😞

Message 1 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Wireless Device Region

@GLCRIT

Welcome to the Community!

Wireless devices are region locked, you may want to try changing the region of operation and see if it is on the list. You can check the manual for the guide at page 180.

If you are getting the message in Insight, another option is to managed  or use the device stand alone. Remote access will not be possible though since it will not be added to Insight.

HTH

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Wireless Device Region

Nothing we or Netgear can do - FCC regulatory body does prohibit user-access to change the channel set in place. This makes FCC regulatory models mostly unfit for purpose, even more on 5 GHz band. Models officially sold into your market or worldwide models can be deployed however, and don't have to enforce such a limitation.

The problem is that the risk of exporting hardware does go over to you as the importer. It's very bad there are various offerings from the US carelessly offering and selling FCC hardware. Should you have bought these WAX510 direct from the Netgear shop, providing a shipping address in Costa Rica, convinced Netgear could assist.

Regards,

-Kurt

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements