Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C3000-100NAS Firmware Update

sharmar10
Follower

C3000-100NAS Firmware Update

I have version V1.01.11.  My service provider, Time Warner Cable, told me to check to see if there is an update to my firmware since the Internet seems to have gotten slower lately.  When I go to 'router update' thru Genie, the following message is returned:  Failed to get firmware version information.  Am I doing something wrong?  Or is there no update available?  Or, is it an issue with Windows 10?  Thank you.

Message 1 of 17
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello sharmar10

All firmware is pushed out by your ISP so if there is a new firmware update all you would need to do is unplug the modem and plug it back in and it would download it on its own. Cable gateways cant update the Firmware manually.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 17
b_3x
Aspirant

Hi DarrenM,

is that also true for customer owned modems?

thanks,

Message 3 of 17
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

b_3x

Yes netgear has to send all firmware updated to the isp then it goes threw a approval process and the isp makes some changes if needed and releases when they are ready to this is for call cable modem customer owned or rented.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 17
b_3x
Aspirant

Thank you DarrenM for the quick reply.

TWC says that they can't fix, somehow my firmware was upgraded to V2.02.26, and TWC says i need to contact Netgear as the internet is not working now.

And Netgear says it is out of warrenty, and in order to downgrade the firmware to V1.01.11, it needs to be renewed...

Do you know if the isp will be pushing a downgrade or since it is failing to connect to the interent (at very slow speed) the isp can't push a fix?

Message 5 of 17
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

B_3x 

I don't really know what TWC will do to fix this but I can report to our engineers about a issues with the firmware. what are you seeing from the modem are all the lights coming on but no Internet connection?

DarrenM

Message 6 of 17
b_3x
Aspirant

All lights are ON, there is internet connection but very slow speed (20 kbps instead of 100 mbps) when i am able to actually load a website to check the speed.

Message 7 of 17
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

b_3x

is that just over wifi or both wifi and ethernet?

DarrenM

Message 8 of 17
b_3x
Aspirant

Hi DarrenM,

it is both on wifi and ethernet on multiple devices.

thanks,

Message 9 of 17
Madison
Aspirant

I am having the exact same problem. Also have TWC. Frankly I don't care who points what fingers I just want the Internet to work at the correct speed.
Have C3000
Message 10 of 17
Madison
Aspirant

Any update? Last post was 2 days ago. Thanks!
Message 11 of 17
mteo
Aspirant

same situation with c3000. Netgear want just money for phone warranty and can't help you because they just provide firmware to twc not to final user. I understood is a firmware problem. Twc pushed a wrong update and now the modem is almost offline and can't get a new update to solve the problem. We can't do nothing manually and just wait. they told me to leave the modem on and hope for an update in firmware that could never came. It's frustrating and you need to pay for the service

Message 12 of 17
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Most of the devices should be downgraded to old version now. Please let us know if you are still having an issue.

Message 13 of 17
W_D
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still having internet connectivity/firmware issues with C3000-100nas with comcast ISP on 11/14/15

Message 14 of 17
mteo
Aspirant

same to me. No internet with c3000. tomorrow will be 2 weeks

Message 15 of 17
W_D
Aspirant
Aspirant

firmware has not been downgraded as suggested

Message 16 of 17
b_3x
Aspirant

Getting back to this subject. TWC was able to downgrade the firmware to the original one, but the MAX download speed i am getting is 33Mbps where i am paying for 100Mbps. I have called and talked with TWC for 1.5 hours today, and was able to get to their top level escalation. The guy there just says that TWC did not and doesn't push firmware to customer owned modems (which is totally different than the answer in this chain). In any case they are still not able to provide the speed i am paying for. Does anyone else have similar issue? Being after the fix the speed has not returned to 100Mbps? thanks,
Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7