Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C7100V Bridge Mode

starone
Aspirant

C7100V Bridge Mode

I have a CM600 that connects to the WAN port on Sonicwall firewall which serves as the main router for my network.  I was told on Amazon's Q/A section on the product page that I could use the C7100V in the same way so I bought it.  I called tech support today and was told again that it can function in this configuration.  However, I logged on to the admin portal and I can't find a Bridge mode... How can this device be used in my network without bridge mode?

Current:

Wall->CM600->SonicWall (WAN port)->Switch->devices

Desired

Wall->C7100V->SonicWall (WAN port)->Switch->devices

Thank you

Message 1 of 6
amishad
Aspirant

Hi, You can go to bridge mode by going to Advanced -> Advanced Setup -> NAT Mode, and then uncheck NAT Mode On. It will update the settings and go to bridge mode. To revert back to the router mode settings, just check the NAT Mode On again. 

Thanks,

Message 2 of 6
starone
Aspirant

Thank you!

Just so I'm sure I know what to do... After turning off NAT mode I can connect the WAN port on my Firewall to any of the ethernet ports on the C7100V and it will function just like my CM600?

Thanks again,

Scott

Message 3 of 6
starone
Aspirant

Actually Netgear support just told me that will not engage Bridge Mode.  Bridge Mode will be available in the next firmware release.  However, if I disable NAT mode I can connect it and it will work in my configuration with just an extra hop for now.

Message 4 of 6
amishad
Aspirant

Yes you can connect the WAN port on your router, to the first port of the c7100V, just like the CM600. That will work.

Message 5 of 6
starone
Aspirant

Thanks!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements