Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CAX80 can't upload 5GHZ

I'm on the phone with tech support and they are saying there is no beta FW beyond the current Firmware Version V2.1.5.2

Message 151 of 162
fiodar
Aspirant

Running 5.1.1.2 beta for the 4-th day (provided by the support) - so far so good, couldn't reproduce the upload issue.

Message 152 of 162
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 153 of 162

Same. Thank you to the support member who pointed me to the beta firmware that has corrected the issue on my end. And it was also nice to see more parental controls in the Nighthawk App connected with the 5.1.1.2 firmware. I already use Circle but if I didn't, I definitely would be using those controls instead to set shutoff limits for my kids' devices when it comes time for homework and bedtime.

Message 154 of 162
Txiong31
Initiate

Been having this problem since Day 1!!! I thought it was just me! Been trying so hard to upload on 5ghz on my PlayStation 5 but could not! Only on the 2.4ghz.

If you don’t mind, who did you contact for 5.1.1.2 fw? Xfinity or Netgear?
Message 155 of 162

You can reach out to NetGear Support and they should be able to help you.

Message 156 of 162
yatman60
Star

Hey gang- if you want to get this 5G issue resolved sooner than later you need to be calling support. 

I'm on the phone with them now for a parallel issue related to the Android Nighthawk Application not working ever since they gave me the 5.1.1.2 firmware upgrade. 

Despite me telling them that there's 100s of people in the forum complaining about 5G it seems that they aren't really looking to taking it seriously because his response was that competitors might be coming in and leaving negative comments as well.

My suggestion to you guys is that you get on the phone and report the issue and if it gives you any assistance, you can refer them to an older ticket of mine that has ALL the details of their debugging and resolution: Ticket 47070779.

All the debugging and even the link to the 5.1.1.2 firmware via their internal salesforce will be in that ticket.

Good luck

Message 157 of 162
FURRYe38
Guru

@yatman60 wrote:

Despite me telling them that there's 100s of people in the forum complaining about 5G it seems that they aren't really looking to taking it seriously because his response was that competitors might be coming in and leaving negative comments as well.

I doubt this is the case nor think the rep is giving correct info. Competitors would not be involved here. 

NG is taking this seriously and has been working on it. I can verify as well that this beta does solve this. It takes time to finalize issues and include any other fixes that maybe in play as well. FW isn't fixed for one issue then sent out. Other testing and development happens. 

So ya if you need 5Ghz fixed, reach out to NG support and ask about it. Until FW is finalized then released, user will need be patient. Will keep on this. I've asked NG to consider posting a beta test opportunity as well before they release anything to help give some of us users a chance to try and see if there is anything else that needs fixing before releasing. As we have seen in the past year that new released FW was resulted in bad experiences. Hoping we can help NG avoid this on next release. 

Message 158 of 162
My_Username
Guide

I am also having several issues related to the inability to upload files of any significant size over a 5GHz WiFi connection. I am reasonably certain my issues are caused by this WiFi glitch. I am running FW 2.1.5.2. My provider is Comcast and my connection is 1Gb. Connection status is all-good.

Based on advice given in this thread I just finished a very frustrating call with Netgear support. I was told that 2.1.5.2 is the latest firmware and there is no beta or later version.

I appreciate the attention this issue is getting and the documentation on this forum.

What do I need to do to obtain a copy of this beta firmware. Netgear has been no help.

Message 159 of 162
FURRYe38
Guru

Contact NG support. 

Message 160 of 162
My_Username
Guide

Seems you didn't read my post. Issue solved through the actions of others.

Message 161 of 162
FURRYe38
Guru

@My_Username wrote:

What do I need to do to obtain a copy of this beta firmware. Netgear has been no help.

Seems that Users have already contacted NG support and got the beta FW. From the posts they have been posting about. NG helped those users. 

Message 162 of 162
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7