Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CAX80 won't connect to secure site

Fihnakis
Aspirant

CAX80 won't connect to secure site

No matter which device I try to access the site https://securecuonline.com/gcs/Login.aspx
with I receive a err_comnection_refused message. I can access the site using my old modem/router. This is the only site I have found an issue with but I really haven't had time to use it. Have factory reset, updated the latest firmware, done everything I can to try and fix this. The armor thing is not enabled.

To clarify any PC or Android device connected to wifi or hard wired will receive the same message. If I switch to LTE I can connect fine. If I plug in my old modem and reauthorize it I can connect fine.
Message 1 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status page.

Does this happen with different web browsers? 

Is IPv6 enabled or disabled on the modem? 

Message 2 of 11
Fihnakis
Aspirant

Firmware is 2.1.3.5 I'll have to post a pic later when I'm home and yes any browser. Edge, chrome even old internet explorer
Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Might try setting different DNS on the Modem under Advanced Tab/Setup/Internet. Try Cloudfare or Quad 9 and see. You'll need to reboot the modem and all devices after making this change. 

Message 4 of 11
Fihnakis
Aspirant

I'll try those. I tried Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Message 5 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Googles DNS didn't work either? 

I'm curious if you put your wired PC in the DMZ on the modem does the site work then? Remove the PC from the modems DMZ after checking this. 

Message 6 of 11
Fihnakis
Aspirant

No google dns did not work. I'll try the PC on the dmz but it's also affecting wireless devices as well if that makes a difference. I wonder would having charter / spectrum provision the modem again do anything?
Message 7 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes please have them reprovision as well. DMZ maybe telling. If still can't access the site in the DMZ, seems like this would be a ISP side issue. If you can access the site in the DMZ, maybe a FW issue on the modem side.

Message 8 of 11
Fihnakis
Aspirant

Just to make sure I'm doing DMZ correctly. I assigned the DMZ port to the IP address assigned to my PC verified through ipconfig
Message 9 of 11
Fihnakis
Aspirant

Ok starting from the beginning. I've tried with IPv6 enabled and disabled. Will paste an image of the connection status. Just tried also using Cloudflare DNS address. Charter / Spectrum said they reprovisioned and verified it is not an issue on their end. Recommended contacting netgear support Smiley Mad If I did setup DMZ correctly I still have no access to that page. 

netgear.jpg

Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. I'll recommend you make contact with NG support and reference this thread and let them know what you tried:

https://my.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

@olympos1625 

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7