Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CG 3000 ST AUS can two Routers with separate users access each other's Wi-Fi

Gregfox1
Aspirant

CG 3000 ST AUS can two Routers with separate users access each other's Wi-Fi

Hello just wondering CG 3000 version 2 AUS unknown Netgear ADSL router same premises different users can one access the other Wi-Fi using the genie is it possible. I have one desktop also my laptop laptop is on my CG 3000 Wi-Fi.

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: CG 3000 ST AUS can two Routers with separate users access each other's Wi-Fi

Hello Gregfox1

Once you connect to the router you can access it via the genie.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
Gregfox1
Aspirant

Re: CG 3000 ST AUS can two Routers with separate users access each other's Wi-Fi

Yes, I do realise once the genie is connected to your own router is a reset password is an check on traffic. My main question was to different type of Routers different users can my CG 3000 get past all the password and change the settings using their own genie? I'm a little bit paranoid because my old CG 3000 was hacked. I could not get back in an either could get this technical staff spent five hours one day in the end sent out Optus technician to install a new one.

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Gregfox1

Yea the only way they could get into your router is if they get your wireless password or they can physically connect to the modem itself.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7