Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM1000 v2 Still Causing Problems

Silash1997
Aspirant

CM1000 v2 Still Causing Problems

I have been having continual problems with my ISP/Modem on both download and upload speeds.

Here is a timeline;

Initially I had a COX tech come out to check the issue with my new 1Gbps/35Mbps speeds and confirmed I wasn't getting full speeds due to software settings on my PC. I resolved that issue later that day and had internet working great for a couple weeks. After this, I have been always receiving TERRIBLY slow upload speeds with download speeds only getting to around 430Mbps. I have a COX tech coming tomorrow to look at the issue, as this time I do believe it is from their lines. However, if it does happen to be my modem, I have the event logs and recent speed test results below.

Message 1 of 13
Silash1997
Aspirant

Message 2 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. If the modem has been working well then all of a sudden speeds are slow, then its either a ISP line single issue or something at your PC or external wfi router that needs to be corrected. 
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 

Message 3 of 13
Silash1997
Aspirant

Message 4 of 13
Silash1997
Aspirant

Everything is a direct COAX, and I will try to get the COX tech to check all lines.

Message 5 of 13
Silash1997
Aspirant

Message 6 of 13
Silash1997
Aspirant

Message 7 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Hopefully the tech can find the cause. 

Message 8 of 13
Silash1997
Aspirant

Also to add onto this topic, I’d say every 2 weeks we’ve been having internet outage notifications from COX the last 2 months. After the first outage was restored my internet was doing better than it ever was, but since than it has been nothing but downhill.
Message 9 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

THe ISP needs to look into this. Not much we can do here in the forums. 

Message 10 of 13
Silash1997
Aspirant

I was just wanting to see if any of these issues could be my Modem by chance, but it looks like the levels on my Upload/Download are getting inconsistent signals from the ISP box.

Message 11 of 13
Silash1997
Aspirant

ISP tech is currently here, it looks like what I thought. Which is to much power being put to my modem, and the box needs an attenuator.
Message 12 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Hope that helps. Be sure to have to tech check speeds or watch you check speedcs while he's there. 

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7