Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM1200 Modem Downstream Light Flashing

FoobieRoger01
Aspirant

Re: CM1200 Modem Dropping Connection

FWIW - I also ran into this issue with RCN and the CM1200.  Exact issues you noted but I didn't end up bringing a tech back out based on this thread.... so thanks for the time savings!  Phone call to RCN indicated they didnt see an issue in their line at all, even tho the modem was down.

Also tested 2 different CM1200s with the same defect, and just bought an ARRIS SURFboard SB8200.  Installing in a few days and will report back

Message 26 of 32
FURRYe38
Guru

Shame the ISP won't update the FW to help test that out. 

Message 27 of 32
bcooper27
Star

Just as a follow up to my earlier Feb post, the switch to the Arris SB8200 was the right move when it came to the issues with our Internet provider RCN.  It's worked flawlessly since I installed it, not one issue.  

Since this is a Netgear Community, I can't help but also give kudos to the Netgear Nighthawk AX8 RAX70 router that we're using. That has also worked perfectly and we've got excellent connections throughout the entire property. It's a great router.

Good luck with getting your issues fixed.

Message 28 of 32
MisFiTkEv
Guide

Im very dissapointed.

Bottom line, Spectrum will not update the firmware.  As a customer, I dont care who the problem is.  All i know is that I have a top of the line CM1200 sitting in my basement because it is unreliable (clearly due to a firmware issue).  

Heres a tip for everyone, dont bother getting a tech to your home 4x, calling spectrum 8x, installing new lines, etc.... at the end of the day--- switch to Spectrum's modem.  Itll save you time AND actually be fixed.

Dear Netgear---HELP your customers by reaching out to Spectrum about this MAJOR issue.  As of this moment---im not sure ill trust netgear again.  You have great products, but ---CLEARLY the CM1200 has an issue with Spectrum services since it is widely reported and a "known issue" (verified ONLY after I had to do some limit setting with Spectrum, who tried to give me the run around).

the very least Netgear could do is awknowledge its a WELL known issue.

Anyone looking to buy the expensive top of the line plastic brick in my basement?

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem
Message 29 of 32
FURRYe38
Guru

NG has acknowledged the problem by fixing the problems in the FW. NG does pass this on to ISPs. However, again, it's up to ISPs to push the FW to modems. And again, some ISPs choose not to do this for user owned modems, such as Spectrum. 

Hope you can find someone to buy your modem from you. It's a good modem if it can be updated and work well on a ISP that is willing to support it and push the FW to it. 

@MisFiTkEv wrote:

Im very dissapointed.

Bottom line, Spectrum will not update the firmware.  As a customer, I dont care who the problem is.  All i know is that I have a top of the line CM1200 sitting in my basement because it is unreliable (clearly due to a firmware issue).  

Heres a tip for everyone, dont bother getting a tech to your home 4x, calling spectrum 8x, installing new lines, etc.... at the end of the day--- switch to Spectrum's modem.  Itll save you time AND actually be fixed.

Dear Netgear---HELP your customers by reaching out to Spectrum about this MAJOR issue.  As of this moment---im not sure ill trust netgear again.  You have great products, but ---CLEARLY the CM1200 has an issue with Spectrum services since it is widely reported and a "known issue" (verified ONLY after I had to do some limit setting with Spectrum, who tried to give me the run around).

the very least Netgear could do is awknowledge its a WELL known issue.

Anyone looking to buy the expensive top of the line plastic brick in my basement?

Message 30 of 32
Genesan212
Aspirant

CM1200 Modem Downstream Light Flashing

Purchased the CM1200 directly from NetGear and recently the downstream channel light begins flashing.

I unplug the power cord and remove the cable feed to the modem or a combination thereof.  It eliminates the flashing for a given period and the flashing returns.

Looking at earlier reported issues, I see that there is a comment posted that asks to ensure that no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box.  I currrently have a coax line splitter which allows the cable line to feed to my modem.

This problem is a recent issue so why the sudden issue when the splitter has been in place for years and this modem has been inuse for months prior to the current problem with the downstream light flashing.

I upgraded to this modem because my cable provider (Spectrum) notified me that my earlier modem was only compatible with DOCSIS 3.0 and that their requirements are for DOCSIS 3.1 [my connection would fail intermittently]. 

I have had good experience with NetGear equipment and made the leap to this modem with the hopes it would resolve the DOCSIS compatibility issues, provide me with the latest technology and be steadfast & useful modem for a number of years.

Now this.

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem
Message 31 of 32
plemans
Guru

Re: CM1200 Modem Downstream Light Flashing

@Genesan212 Please start your own thread with your complete details. include a screen snip of the cable connections page and the event logs. 

Message 32 of 32
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 11 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series