Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't update firmwear for AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router 802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit

nthomps6
Follower

Can't update firmwear for AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router 802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit

I recently bought a new AC1600 WiFi Cable Modern Router to replace our old one as the connection is dropping a lot during the day.  As suggested, setting it up through the Nighthawk app.  The app prompts me to update the Router's Firmwear, but when I log into the admin site I don't have the option to do so.   Has anyone else had this problem?  Is there a simple work around I'm not seeing?  I tried resetting the Router once and expierened the same problem.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can't update firmwear for AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router 802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit

I would skip the NH app notification regarding FW updates. NGs gateway modem can't be updated by users. Only by ISPs. 

@vkdelta 

Message 2 of 3
cablefan
Aspirant

Re: Can't update firmwear for AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router 802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit

Hi, were you stuck when you were trying to activate via the APP? are you able to provide screen shots? Did you login to the gui to determine if we can upgrade the firmware? For cable devices, you cannot upgrade the firmware via the GUI, only the service provider has the ability to do so.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7