Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot Stay Connected to 3700; Cannot Change Channel

JayG2
Aspirant

Cannot Stay Connected to 3700; Cannot Change Channel

Two Querstions:

1. When I browse to the web administration page of my C3700-100NAS and specify a new 5G channel, the web site shows the new channel on the channel display, but the old channel remains in the "current" field and a external scan from my PC shows that the channel has not changed.  What's going on?

2. I have a Windows Surface Pro 4 that cannot sustain a connection to my Netgear C3700.  The Surface has not problem sustainting a connection to other access points.  And the C3700 has no problem sustaining a connection to my iPhone.  The problem exists only between the C3700 and my Surface Pro 4.  What's wrong here?  The Surface will connect to the access point after the Marvell wi-fi adapter is reset, but it always loses the connection within 5 minutes and cannot reestablish a connection until the adapter is reset.

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello JayG2

Who is your ISP? Also is the surface pro4 trying to connect using IPV6? that could be causing a issue.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
JayG2
Aspirant

Hi Darren--  My ISP is Cox.  How could that have anything to do with the inability of the Surface Pro 4 internal Marvell Wi-Fi adapter to connect to the C3700.  Even if Cox vaporized entirely, the Surface Pro 4 should still connect to the C3700, shouldn't it?  Also, if I cannot connect, as I said, why do you ask if I am connected using IPV6?

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello JayG2

I was asking the ISP because of the firmware. Different ISPs are on different firmware Cox is on a older firmware compared to TWC and Comcast but I have no info on when the next release for Cox is since we send the ISPs the firmware and they put it through a certification and then release it when they want to. I have read that the surface has some wifi issues I did find a article of all the stuff you can try.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/120071/20151229/microsoft-surface-pro-surface-book-cant-connect-to...

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7