Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cax80 dropping internet connection

buddyb99
Aspirant

Cax80 dropping internet connection

My CAX80 router/modem reports it's connected online but keeps dropping the internet connection. Just restarting the router won't work, I have to request that my ISP resend a signal. I'm not sure I adjusted a setting incorrectly (i.e. DNS or something else). I've attached a copy of my firmware, cable connection, and modem log. Any assistance would be really appreciated - not super knowledegable on this stuff.

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...
https://highspeed.tips/docsis-events/

Be aware that if the signal is lost or becomes bad on the CAX80, the modem will continuously reboot on it's own until the signal is re-acquired and becomes good again. 

Message 2 of 6
buddyb99
Aspirant

Hey FURRYe38, thanks for the response. I saw those suggestions already. I forgot to mention that my PC Windows 10 also looses internet connection and it’s connected by Ethernet - so maybe WiFi isn’t my issue?
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya maybe the modem. When you loose connections, what are the front panel LEDS doing? if there ALL off accept for the PWR LED, then the modem maybe rebooting to which signifies that modem has lost the signal on the coax line. 

Message 4 of 6
buddyb99
Aspirant

Actually Netgear support was able to resolve my issue, so thank you everyone

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

So what was the problem? So we might be able to help others...

@buddyb99 wrote:

Actually Netgear support was able to resolve my issue, so thank you everyone

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7