Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Continually Asking for New Login Credentials (Netgear C7100V Cable Modem Router)

gus4nyr
Follower

Continually Asking for New Login Credentials (Netgear C7100V Cable Modem Router)

Greetings All,

Every couple of days my router kicks me off the internet and asks me to setup a new admin password and security questions. It takes the new inputs just fine (even if they are the same as the last time). The router then asks me to login with these new credentials which I can do just fine.

The problem is that every couple of days, this cycle occurs, and I need to be able to rely on a consistent connection for my work. Has anyone else come across this problem? This router worked great for the almost 11 months since purchase but is very frustrating right now.

Thank you for your time.

Model: C7100V-1AZNAS|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Continually Asking for New Login Credentials (Netgear C7100V Cable Modem Router)

Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in for 10 seconds then let go. Use a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed. 

Message 2 of 6
GenericName
Aspirant

Re: Continually Asking for New Login Credentials (Netgear C7100V Cable Modem Router)

I think have the exact same problem with my CAX80. This has happened twice in the three weeks that I've owned the device.

- All of a sudden none of my devices are connected, but the Modem/Router LEDs show everything is fine.

- But if I pull up my browswer, it leads me to the Login Credentials screen. Once I type in credentials, everything returns to normal.

Hopefully someone responds to you with an actual explanation. I'm leaning towards returning the device though.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in for 10 seconds then let go. Use a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.

Be sure to clear broswer caches before entering the modems web page.

Try a different browser. 

@GenericName wrote:

I think have the exact same problem with my CAX80. This has happened twice in the three weeks that I've owned the device.

- All of a sudden none of my devices are connected, but the Modem/Router LEDs show everything is fine.

- But if I pull up my browswer, it leads me to the Login Credentials screen. Once I type in credentials, everything returns to normal.

Hopefully someone responds to you with an actual explanation. I'm leaning towards returning the device though.

Message 4 of 6
GenericName
Aspirant

You have posted this response twice...and both times it doesn't at all apply to what our issues are. Please stop.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Then you'll need to contact NG support then. 

Good Luck. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7