Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How do I connect a T-Mobile Cellspot to the CM1100?

usaflyer
Aspirant

How do I connect a T-Mobile Cellspot to the CM1100?

Hello! How do I connect a T-Mobile Cellspot (4G LTE CellSpot V2, Model SS2FII Femtocell Multi-band SOHO) to the CM1100? It does not seem to be connecting to the internet.  TMobile says the ports 500, 4500 and 123 have to be open.  How to do I do this?  I have logged into my Netgear page, but under advanced there is only a network aggregation tab. Thanks!

Model: CM1100|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.1
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
usaflyer
Aspirant

After hours of tech support, I was told the CM1100 can't be accessed to open those ports. And since the cable provider (Comcast) does not own the CM1100 (I purchased it on my own), they could not open or close anything. The only option on the advanced page after accessing the CM1100 through the computer, is to Disable or Enable Aggregation, which does not help in this situation.  However, what I ended up doing after multiple power off and power on attempts, was to connect the TMobile Cellspot to my Orbi mesh network (RB50 Version 1) which is connected by ethernet from the CM1100, and the TMobile Cellspot was able to finally connect to the internet, download the required software, and is working like a champ!  I went from 1 bar to 5 bars! 

When I first attempted this (because there are 3 extra ethernet ports on the RB50), the TMobile Cellspot was not connecting to the internet through the Orbi RB50, so I then went directly to the CM1100.  Kinda like a dog chasing it's tail!  I hope this helps anyone else trying to connect their TMobile Cellspot's.  The tech support people did say customers are encountering a lot of problems connecting the Cellspot device to routers!  Good luck!   

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

The CM modem connection usually requires a ethernet connected PC or to a external with router using the ethernet LAN cable between the CM modem and router. Most cell phone routers are connected to cell service signals only. I presume these don't connect to other internet sources. Something to ask the cell phone router provider about. 

Message 2 of 4
usaflyer
Aspirant

After hours of tech support, I was told the CM1100 can't be accessed to open those ports. And since the cable provider (Comcast) does not own the CM1100 (I purchased it on my own), they could not open or close anything. The only option on the advanced page after accessing the CM1100 through the computer, is to Disable or Enable Aggregation, which does not help in this situation.  However, what I ended up doing after multiple power off and power on attempts, was to connect the TMobile Cellspot to my Orbi mesh network (RB50 Version 1) which is connected by ethernet from the CM1100, and the TMobile Cellspot was able to finally connect to the internet, download the required software, and is working like a champ!  I went from 1 bar to 5 bars! 

When I first attempted this (because there are 3 extra ethernet ports on the RB50), the TMobile Cellspot was not connecting to the internet through the Orbi RB50, so I then went directly to the CM1100.  Kinda like a dog chasing it's tail!  I hope this helps anyone else trying to connect their TMobile Cellspot's.  The tech support people did say customers are encountering a lot of problems connecting the Cellspot device to routers!  Good luck!   

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like a wifi router was all that was needed. Glad you got it working. 

Enjoy, Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7