Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to connect orbi CBR750 with other Xfinity xfi router

anonymous856
Follower

How to connect orbi CBR750 with other Xfinity xfi router

Hi, 

I want to use my Xfinity xfi cable/modem/router and CBR750 cable router together. My use-case is to connect either xfinity modem or CBR750 to ISP (coaxial cable) and other one via ethernet cable. And then use the CBR750 satellite connected over wifi in the other rooms. This help me to extend the network without using the ethernet cable across rooms. I do want to use xfi modem as router or bridge because they this gives me infinity data plans. 

Please suggest the solution which works for CBR750, because i don't see the WAN port in the back.  

Message 1 of 5
Phyber
Luminary

You might want to consider placing the Xfinity gateway in bridge mode (connected to the incoming coax) and let the CBR750 handle all of the routing and WiFi duties.

FWIW, I use my own modem with Xfinity and the RBR750 (with two RBS750 satellites). Works perfectly throughout the house and property.

Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

As you have already discovered, the RBR750 is intended to be connected to a coax cable (and is compatible with Xfinity). There is no option to connect it to the Xfinity  I do not understand why use of the Xfinity modem is a requirement.

Just to double check, navigate to the Orbi Advanced Tab, Advanced Settings, and see if there is an option to place the RBR750 in Access Point (AP) mode. 

Message 3 of 5
Phyber
Luminary

I'm assuming the above response was to the OP. I see no reason to use Comcast-supplied equipment, and pay for it, when they allow Xfinity-approved modems to be used, at no cost. The only potential problem would be support of the modem if something went haywire but I've never experienced an issue. I use a Motorola DOCSIS 3.1 modem for Comcast (Xfinity) cable and my RBK753 (RBR750 and two RBS750 satellites) is rock solid and fast.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

The CBR750 can be a direct replacement to the ISPs supplied cable modem. The CBR series is a gateway modem, thus having a modem and built in router, thus no WAN port will be seen on the CBR series. You'll need to contact the ISP and have them help you get the CBR750 connected to there services. 

@anonymous856 wrote:

Hi, 

I want to use my Xfinity xfi cable/modem/router and CBR750 cable router together. My use-case is to connect either xfinity modem or CBR750 to ISP (coaxial cable) and other one via ethernet cable. And then use the CBR750 satellite connected over wifi in the other rooms. This help me to extend the network without using the ethernet cable across rooms. I do want to use xfi modem as router or bridge because they this gives me infinity data plans. 

Please suggest the solution which works for CBR750, because i don't see the WAN port in the back.  

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series