Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet disconnects every 12 hours at approximately same time each occurrence

sunday256
Aspirant

Internet disconnects every 12 hours at approximately same time each occurrence

Good morning, I have a Netgear Gateway C6300V2 that has been disconnecting from the internet approximately every 12 hours. The lights on the device look normal like my connectivity is good/on, but the logs show that I've disconnected from the internet for approximately 5-10 minutes each occurrence. It used to happen around 4pm/4am but has gradually moved to 6pm/6am over the last couple of weeks. 

I'm unable to log into my router when the disconnect occurs, and an ipconfig command shows no connection at all to the internet. All wifi devices and my PC connected via ethernet to the device cannot access the internet during the downtime.

Any ideas how to fix this issue? 

Cox has re-provisioned my gateway, and I've also factory reset it. I'm using firmware 1.03.04 which is supposed to be the most current version for Cox. Also, parental controls are NOT enabled, so that's not it.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Internet disconnects every 12 hours at approximately same time each occurrence

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 2 of 4
sunday256
Aspirant

Re: Internet disconnects every 12 hours at approximately same time each occurrence

The line was checked approximately 1 to 1.5 years ago and everything was great when he replaced one of the coax cables. He checked the signal from the box to the modem and it was pretty good so I doubt anything has changed there since. I could call someone out but likely will be charged a service fee to do so. If this wasn't every 12 hours or so I would think it might be something cable wise, but this is pretty much every 12.2 hours or so. So it's very specific. It doesn't happen randomly. As for neighbors on wifi, yes there are a bunch but the disconnects happen even at 4am, so I don't think it's a usage thing. It started at 4pm/4am and gradually moved to 6pm/6am over a few weeks. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What WiFi channels are the neighbors using? 

Yes seems to be a specific kind of even happening. 

I would have the ISP check there signals up to the modem and also check there logs to see if they notice this same thing happening as well. 

You may want to try a different modem, even rent a ISP one short term to see if same thing happens or not. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7