Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My router is stuck on a black screen with 2 green lines going across with text in between.

Hiraminho
Follower

My router is stuck on a black screen with 2 green lines going across with text in between.

So recently my internet has been going out and usually during the week I don’t really care since I work and am usually not home. However this time it went out and has been out for days and it’s the weekend so I tried to get it fixed by contacting xfinity. So I was in a chat with a guy and he told me to try some stuff on it, things I had already done but I did anyway, however one of those things that I didn’t do was press the reset button on the back. I was told to do it so I did it and well now when I try to access the modem router from my computer, it says, “Firmware is upgrading, please don’t power off and wait upgrading to be completed...”. So I let it sit for several minutes knowing it’s not going to upgrade since I don’t actually have an internet connection. Meanwhile I looked online for the latest firmware update for my box and the last one was months ago maybe even a close to a year ago so I don’t get why there’s a firmware upgrade when there hasn’t been a new update in months. So if anyone could tell me if it’s bricked and useless now or if there’s something I can do to fix it that would be amazing.
Model: C7500|Nighthawk X4-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: My router is stuck on a black screen with 2 green lines going across with text in between.

I would contact NG support and see if they can help you. 
Might contact the ISP again and let them know what happens. See if they can help re-send the FW they use for this model modem as FW updates come from the ISP. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series