Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk X4S AC3200 Wifi Cable Modem Router (Model C7800) Internet randomly drops

Steven_Marques
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk X4S AC3200 Wifi Cable Modem Router (Model C7800) Internet randomly drops

Router continually drops and reestablishes internet, sometimes requiring resetting router.  Drops occur on both wired and wireless connections.  Power levels look good, no splitters in the line, XFINITY verified line signals and settings, latest firmware installed (3.01.38) and the problem is still occurring after factory reset.  Attaching latest log and error log (after reset yesterday).  We do a lot of gaming (PubG, Ark, etc) with Discord, including streaming up.  The drops can occur even when we're not stressing the system.  System worked flawlessly for about 4 months (until after phone support ended, of course) and has been getting increasingly worse for the last few weeks.  Please advise if there's something I can do or if this needs to go back for warranty repair.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 8
Steven_Marques
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Nighthawk X4S AC3200 Wifi Cable Modem Router (Model C7800) Internet randomly drops

Adding log from 6Aug18 -- prior to factory reset.

Message 2 of 8
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Netgear Nighthawk X4S AC3200 Wifi Cable Modem Router (Model C7800) Internet randomly drops

please post power levels. 

your line has lot of T3 timeouts.

can you please clear the DOCSIS Event logs and post a 24 hour snapshot?

who is your ISP? 

Message 3 of 8
Steven_Marques
Aspirant

Provider is Comcast/XFINITY.  Power levels attached.  Will post log tomorrow, though previous logs show the same types of events as the two logs posted above.

Message 4 of 8
Steven_Marques
Aspirant

Log, Event Log, and Power Levels attached.

Log only shows one internet drop, which is the best I've had in weeks

Event log only appears to go back two hours due to the quantity of events.  If there's a way to capture the entire past 24 hours (since clearing the log), please advise.

Message 5 of 8
Steven_Marques
Aspirant

Last 3 days log -- had a hard crash last night that required reset

Message 6 of 8
Steven_Marques
Aspirant

Still no responses from Netgear.  Thanks for all the support!  I guess I'll buy a decent modem from a company who will support their products.  5 months old and it's a paperweight.

Message 7 of 8
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

@Steven_Marques

Please PM me..

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series