Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear c3700 slow speed

Smile6
Aspirant

Netgear c3700 slow speed

Hi:

I recently upgrade my internet service from 50 Mpbs to 200 Mpbs with TWC.   However, I can only get upto 51 Mpbs with both Wired and WIFI.

TWC did their test and sai every thing look goods on their end up to the modem.

Please help.

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear c3700 slow speed

Hello SMile6

If the cable connections all look good it may be that the Modem didn't provision properly and its still stuck on the 50 mbs connection I would contact TWC tier 3 tech support and have them look over there provisioning tools to make sure the modem is getting the correct boot file and its not stuck they should have you reboot it a couple times. Hope to hear your feedback.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 12
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

yes, it could be provisioning issue.

Btw, please note that TWC does not support 8x4 Modems (such as C3700) for 200 Mbps service. Max service supported on C3700 is 100 Mbps as per TWC rules.

for 200 Mbps and above you will need a minimum of  16x4 modem or modem router.

pls see below  

http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/internet/topics/buy-your-modem.html

Message 3 of 12
Smile6
Aspirant

TWC Tier2 checked the boot file and everything look good.   We are scheduling an on-site tech to check it out.

BTW.  I also noticed that since the speed upgrade, my internet connection is not as stable.  Maybe once a day I have to reset the modem to get my 50 Mpbs.

Thanks

Message 4 of 12
Smile6
Aspirant

Thanks, yes TWC also informed me today of the 100 Mpbs limitation on this modem.  Right now I will be happy to get a stable connection with 100 Mpbs.

TWC check and the provisioning/boot file are good.  Tech will be on site to check things out.

Message 5 of 12
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Ok. thanks. Let us know.

Message 6 of 12
Smile6
Aspirant

The tech just completed checking on-site and all the lines are good.   He also call back and double check that the modem is provisioning correctly.

Any other suggestions ?

Message 7 of 12
remilia
Tutor

Having same issues since fri, 11/6. Twc recommended their own router, but I only bought this router last yr, hayyy... HELP!
Message 8 of 12
nnr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here, I am also getting less than 1 MBps of download speed since 11/6. TWC checked and was able to verify that my download speed should be 60MBps. I brought mine 4 months ago, I am planning on getting a warrenty replacement.

Message 9 of 12
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Everyone

TWC was able to push out the old Firmware to everyone to fix the issue. Make sure you unplug your modem for a couple mins and back in see if this corrects the issue. If your still experiencing speed and packet loss issues let me know so we can get this corrected for you.

DarrenM

Message 10 of 12
JBurnz
Aspirant

my c3700 was only getting me 45mb on a 100mb thru Comcast/Xfinity (100mg wired confirmed) - dropped service to 50mb and was getting 26mb on wireless. now only getting 11.6mb.  Is there an upgrade (im missing) on this box or is it simply junk?

Message 11 of 12
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello JBurnz

Are you getting these speeds on both the 2.4 and 5ghz? have you tried testing different wireless channels? Also do you have any old devices connecting to the network that use 802.11 b or g?

DarrenM

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7